A small collection of online utilities designed for testing DNS server security and zone configurations.
- DNSInspect DNSInspect is a FREE web tool which checks your domain’s servers for common DNS and mail errors and generates a report with explanations how to fix them.
- intoDNS IntoDNS checks the health and configuration and provides DNS report and mail servers report and provides suggestions to fix and improve them, with references to protocols? official documentation.
- DNS health check With this tool is possible to check the dns status of your domain name. The system will make some tests to check if everything is ok and the will report you a complete snapshot of how good is configured your DNS.
- DNSSy DNS Test and Check The DNS report will test some key points of the DNS setup for a given domain. It provides details of problems encountered, and also gives recommendations for performance and security enhancements. It also performs some basic mail and http server checks.
- DNS Report View a complete report on the DNS settings for your domain. This tool is designed to assist webmasters and system administrators diagnose DNS related issues.
- Open DNS Resolver Project Open Recursive Resolvers pose a significant threat to the global network infrastructure. They are utilized in DNS Amplification attacks and pose a similar threat as those from Smurf attacks commonly seen in the late 1990’s.
- The Measurement Factory Open Resolver Test Open Resolver Test is an online tool that tests for the presence of open DNS resolvers.
- WebDNSTools Check Domain Configuration This tools runs a series of tests against a domain to check for a number of configuration problems.
- Pingdom Test DNS servers The DNS Check in Pingdom Tools will check your DNS health and help you find errors, and verify that you domain name has been set up correctly.
If you know other useful online tools of this kind, just let me know in the comments 8-)